New Rendering Engine
Capture 2018 introduces a new rendering engine based on Microsoft's DirectX 11 and Apple's Metal. We will be rolling it out throughout 2018 and updating this page as we progress.
In order to enable and test the new rendering engine, open the menu and choose Options.. in the Tools menu and disable the Legacy (OpenGL) Rendering setting.
If you run into issues, please revert to the legacy OpenGL rendering engine.
The following functionality has not been added yet:
- Antialiasing in wireframe views.
- Material and LED panel transparency.
- Water jets.
The following issues are known with the already released functionality:
- Driver timeouts have been observed when saving images, rendering videos and inserting or selecting objects.
If you discover issues with the new rendering engine, please report it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include the following information:
- Your operating system and version.
- Details about your hardware, specifically the video card and driver versions.
- Screenshots and/or photos that illustrate the problem.
- Any relevant project file(s) that reproduce the problem.